January 18, 2009

all ready behind

This New Years resolution has clearly got off to a great start...okay, I lied, I'm still stuck in my bad habit of not updating my blog. But to catch you up Matt and I moved him into our new condo January 1st. It was a great way to kick off the new year! We absolutely love it, its just the right size for the two of us. I cant wait til i get to move all of my stuff in, and that only less than 7 weeks away!! Once we get all settled in I'll be sure to post pictures for those who are care!


About a week ago Matt and I took our engagement pictures! He already knows that I can get stressed out pretty easily so he was prepared for the worst, and its a good thing! Here's the story of my memorable day...

It got off to a great start. We had a ton of errands to run and reception halls to check out before we were supposed to go to Salt Lake for pictures. Well i woke up early to get ready so that I didn't feel rushed for anything. It was about a half hour before we had our first appointment and everything was great, hair done, clothes on, and makeup on. For some reason I felt like i should paint my nails. New clothes for engagement picture + red finger nail polish that wont open=BAD COMBINATION! I couldn't open the bottle and Matt had just put lotion on his face so his hands were slick so he couldn't open the bottle either. I decided to run the lid under hot water since that has worked for me in the past. Still nothing. My next genius idea wasn't so genius. I hit the lid against my counter a few times and on the last hit the bottle broke causing red finger nail polish to go EVERYWHERE! I think i went into shock, i just stood there. I tried so hard not to cry but with my hands stained red and nail polish on my new clothes i couldn't help but think that the worst had happened. To make a long story short, we cancelled the reception appointments, i had to redo my makeup, buy another shirt for pictures, and figure out a way to get the paint off my hands! Everything turned out great, Matt always has a way to calm me down and we love our pictures! So far we've only seen one picture, but here it is, we hope you like it just as much as we do!

If you'd like to see the start of our video its on heidiadamsvideography.blogspot.com. She did an amazing job as well!

6 comments:

  1. I just watched your video and holy crap! It is so cute! You're so pretty in the engagement picture and the video...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE your pictures/videography. Oh my goodness, you two are adorable. I can't wait to meet him! He sounds incredible. I am so happy for you two, love ya honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absoulutely gorgeous in this picture, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea about the fingernail polish! It's funny now but it probably wasn't so funny at the time. I'm getting really impatient about seeing the rest of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha. Oh mY gOsH. I'm sorry it's not funny but I just laughed my head off about the nail polish tragedy. Matt didn't go into details that morning he just gave me the basics. What a day for you, oh well you guys looked amazing in your pictures as far as I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Crystal! What will your wedding day be like?! No nail polish!! Can't wait to see ya in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete