July 11, 2009

Well, it has been an exciting couple of months for me and my significant other/wife. Yes, this is Matt writing for our blog. I'm not really sure that anyone reads this stuff anyways, so I will tell stories and maybe I'll make some stuff up to make them seem more interesting!

Me and Crystal went with my family up to Timpanogos recently. Our tour guide had a crazy imagination. he kept seeing things in the rocks and the stalactites and stalagmites and telling us to try and find the things that he was seeing. He was all like: "...and over here you will see a formation that looks like a bear, can you see it?" and I was like: "what is this guy on?" Then he was saying something about how he saw a stalactite that looked like Abraham Lincoln and I decided that he needs to get out more often. I don't think being in caves all day is good for these people, they're going to get outside the caves some day and start looking at moles on peoples' faces and tell those people that their mole reminds them of a Ferrari. That would be an awkward situation for everyone. Here are some of the pictures of the cave:



Alright, so we only took two pictures of the cave, but honestly, who is going to want to look at a bunch of cave pictures anyways? You didn't come to our blog to look at caves did you? Well if you did, then go to a website with caves or something. Try  www.IHeartCavePhotography.com or something, I don't know.

We also went on a trip to Nebraska last weekend to celebrate the Fourth of July with people who really know how to celebrate. . . Nebraskans!!! There is nothing more American than a place where you can buy the kinds of fireworks that can leave you without important body parts or the ability to see!

But first let's talk about Denver International Airport, or as I like to call it: "The Black Hole for Travelers" Nothing good has ever come out of that place.  Whenever people talk about being delayed on a flight I always want to butt into the conversation and be like, "So you've been to Denver International, huh?" We were delayed going into Denver and missed our flight that was going to the happiest place on earth (Omaha). We ended up staying in Denver for 12 hours that night and waiting for the next flight to Omaha, because apparently no one in Denver wants to go to Nebraska past 7:30 P.M. Maybe they don't understand how much of a party Nebraska is after dark.

And this next part of the blog is dedicated to my newfound hatred for Frontier Airlines, so if you don't like listening to complaining, skip to the next paragraph. I have never been so poorly treated by a company in my life. It wasn't the weather delay that made me upset, it was Frontier's complete lack of customer service and hospitality during our travel with them, and just when I thought they couldn't screw up one more thing, they send us to Omaha without our bags. Frontier, I am reserving a special place for you on my list!!! You are on notice, my friends. Til the day I die, I will avoid you and Denver!

Okay, so we finally get to Waverly, Nebraska Where we met up with my brother Casey, my nephew Caden and my sister-in-law Deb.  


If Waverly, Nebraska doesn't sound like a very exciting place to you, keep in mind that the fireworks sold there are a step below TNT!!! I think that if  the U.S. Military ever runs out of good weapons, they could always go to Waverly to pick up some stuff that is just as deadly.


We had a great time in Nebraska, and we are glad that we have Casey, Deb and Caden in our lives!  Finally, to quote Jim Gaffigan who basically sums up our experience in Nebraska: 
"Normally I wouldn't eat a steak, a hamburger and a bratwurst but it is the Fourth of July, and I'm going to the energy if I'm going to start blowing crap up. It's what the founding fathers would want."

4 comments:

  1. Wow Matthew I'm impressed! And I bet Christian will be happy to know you left off the part about him on the hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im intrigued to know what happened to Christian :) Glad you guys had fun with your brother! Hope to see you guys soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI Matt, people actually do read these things, and I to am impressed, but at the fact that you even know how to blog. Well done, and thank you for the heads up. I will for sure be avoiding denver and frontier airlines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you two are having fun as newlyweds! Glad to see you are happy and doind well! I miss you tons, and maybe sometime if we are both out in the salt lake area we could get together for lunch and you could see Lexie! I will give you a call if I am out anytime in the future! Lots of Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete