January 5, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Its been a while since we've updated (obviously), so rather than over doing it in one large post, we'll break it up. You're welcome.


We enjoyed a good visit to Washington in late June to see Michael,my brother, who was just returning from a mission in Bolivia. Matt had never met Michael, because we had started dating soon after he had entered the mission field. Matt was pretty excited to find a new person to practice his Spanish with. I want to learn, but unfortunately Matt is majoring in communications, not teaching and is a terrible teacher. It was good to see Matt and my brother get along so well. I guess having a strong love of college football is a good foundation for their relationship.


This is my dad and Michael seeing each other for the first time after 2 years!

When Mike first got home the one thing he wanted to do, besides walk on the grass barefoot, was jump in the pool with his suite on, which he did!

We went and played on the river for a day. It just happened to be the coldest day we were there, so we all froze. Mike especially. He used to walk around in his shorts in the winter time, but he was shivering just sitting by the dock. Bolivia DEFINITELY changed that!

I just love how my sister is wrapped in a blanket!

Matt also got to experience the 4th of July with fireworks on the river. I hope he loved it as much as me! There's nothing like going to the river to watch the fire works!


Summer also brought a big move to Springville Utah, a whopping 10 miles south of our previous apartment. I always said I hated Springville, and now I'm living here. Fortunately, I've really enjoyed our new place and our new ward, so its been great! And once (if ever) they finish the construction on I-15, I will like the commute MUCH better! Sometime this summer I passed my insurance exam, which means I'm a licensed insurance agent. Not the most exciting news but it happened, so it made it to the blog!


Matt turned the big 25 in August and we started a tradition last year to do something we've never done together on his birthday. It all started with skydiving and its hard to measure up to that, so he may be disappointed in years to come :) This year we spent the weekend in good 'ol Park City, UT and hit up the alpine slides. Happy WAY Belated Birthday Matt, I love you!





Well that caught me up a bit. Maybe I'll post for the remainder of 2010 in the next 5 months?


6 comments:

  1. Yay! I thought you'd never come back! Keep it coming so I have some good reading material. I love your birthday traditions. You guys are way more exciting than we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better keep this updated now! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I didn't know you had a blog!
    Perfect now it's all the better and that means you have to post more, ok!
    Lunch this week is on, I'll call ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mrs...i love these posts but I can only read them so many times. I need you to give me an update, please!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete