October 26, 2009

We're Back!!!!



So another few months passed that I haven't updated. I guess I'll start from the beginning? September is kind of a blur, so we'll talk about the fun stuff we remember!!

September was our 6 month anniversary!!! It came REAL fast! We decided to take a little vacation since 1. all we do is work and 2. who doesn't like a vacation?! We decided to hit the strip at SIN CITY!

I've never been there before so it was fun to go and check out what all the fuss was about. The first night we went to the "O" show by Cirque du Soleil. We, well mainly me, had mixed feelings about the show. They did some really cool tricks and what not, but i was lost as to what the storyline was the whole time. We're thinking it was a weird dream??? I don't know. I'm sure i had a weird look on my face for parts of it. But all in all, it was fun to say we went! During the days we just walked around and went shopping...although i got nothing, which seems to be a reoccurring event, but Matt finally found shoes to fit his massive feet, thank goodness!! That in itself made the trip all worth it! We also got to visit with some of Matts relatives down there and see what "real" Vegas was like. Thanks for putting us up for a night Andrea! We werent good at taking a lot of pictures, but here's one of the days we were there...



He had to take this picture for his dad, he couldnt resist.



Recently Matt found his new love in life...GOLF. If hes not on the course or at the driving range, hes playing golf on the wii. Its an addiction really. Hes only played maybe 4 times total before we were married, and I've always wanted him to get into golf since my dads a big golfer, but I think hes gone overboard :) Too bad winters coming and he wont be able to play. Im not sure how I'll entertain him now!

As for October, I don't even know where the month went!! It went by so fast for me! Matt had a bishop from one of his wards in Mexico while on his mission come and stay with us during General Conference weekend. I cant leave out the fact that he knows NO English and I know absolutely no Spanish. So you can only imagine the conversations we had. He was the cutest little man and was excited about everything and video recorded his every step. Matt was such a good sport and spent a whole day with him in Salt Lake showing him all the tour sites and spending 7 + hours at temple square and being his personal taxi. He was our first official quest and It was nice to do something for someone and to give him the chance to attend General Conference.

Last week Matts friend came home for a few days from training before he took off to Afghanistan, so we had a going away party for him! Its always a good time getting Matt and his friends together, there's never a dull moment in that group!! Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of the night, but we'll miss Grant while hes gone!!

And whats Halloween without pumpkin carving?! We decided to spend the night in and do a little pumpkin carvin. I think we did a pretty good job, if i do say so myself!



And lastly, Sunday my sister, Kaylene, had her 3rd little baby, Emily!! And Elise will have her baby in a month...weird! I cant wait to go home for Christmas and see the babies! Time is definitely flying by and its hard to keep up with everything, but we wouldn't change it for anything!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you SOOO much for updating your blog "just for me"!!! ;-) ;-) I LOVE seeing what you're doing & the fun times you're having!!

    MY...LY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Kaylene had her baby! So fun! And yes, you do need to work on updating more often missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for pumpkin carving. yours look amazing. and i bet you didn't even sketch out what you were going to carve before you began!! haha :)true talent, i tell ya. miss you guys and hope life is magical and wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that someone in the family (not me) is updating thier blog. Sounds like you have had a fun month. See, maybe that's my problem...my life is too mundane and boring. No Vegas, no vistors..just kids and school. Gotta love it though. :)

    ReplyDelete